Pre-Planning and Implementation
Once you have decided you will be holding a festival or event, a series of decisions will need to be made regarding the number of participants, the location of the festival and the venue. In order to green this event, certain considerations must be factored in.
The main objective is to think green every step of the way! Key questions to ask during the planning process are:
- Is this product or service green?
- How can I find out?
- Is there a substitute for a non-green product?
- Where can I find it?
- What is the cost benefit of the green choices?
Consider the Participants
- How many people will be participating?
- What is the impact of each person?
- What are the food requirements for each person?
- What are consumer expectations?
- What is the size of the event/festival?
Once these questions are answered, the planning of a greener event can occur. You will also need to consider:
Location and Modes of Transport
Sourcing of Materials and Procurement
Venue and Accommodation
Food/Beverage and Catering Services
Communication, Event Materials and Registration
Waste Reuse and Recycling
Community and Engagement